Consultative meeting “Applying intersectionality in the youth field”
The consultative meeting “ Applying intersectionality in the youth field” is set up to search of a cooperative approach among youth organisations and other stakeholders in their work on non-discrimination.
It aims to build a common understanding of the role of intersectionality in promoting social inclusion, fostering active participation and combating discrimination taking an intersectional approach by:
- creating a deeper understanding of intersectionality and its application in the youth sector
- identifying experiences, examples and expectations from the youth field in applying the theoretical frameworks of intersectionality
- proposing examples of educational activities, tools and approaches on the basis of intersectionality that are applicable and used in youth work and training activities
- identifying what the youth sector stakeholders can do to further apply an intersectional approach in their work.
The consultative meeting brings together a group of experts from the youth field, the youth statutory bodies of the Council of Europe, youth organisations and Human Rights organisations, youth research and other stakeholders.
They will look into the following questions:
- What are the experiences, examples and expectations from the youth field in applying the theoretical frameworks of intersectionality into practice (youth work, youth policy, training, research?
- What kind of educational activities, tools and approaches on the basis of intersectionality can be applied in youth work and training in the youth field?
- What can youth organisations, youth workers, trainers, researchers and policy makers do to secure that the intersectional approach is applied in their work?
- How can youth organisations and other stakeholders communicate and cooperate about intersectionality?