Together Have Your Say! “50-50” training-seminar
Together Have Your Say! “50-50” training-seminar for specialists from national and local authorities of Ukraine working with young people and representatives of youth non-governmental organisations is the first activity of 2018 in the Framework Programme on Co-operation in the field of youth policy between the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine and the Council of Europe in 2016-2020.
So-called “50-50” model evokes the spirit of co-management in place in the Council of Europe youth sector and stresses the necessary cooperation between public authorities and organisations representing young people. The course focuses on ways to increase youth participation based on the principles of the Revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life and the Manual “Have Your Say!”
The format of the training seminar “50/50” implies participation the equal number of representatives from the governmental and non-governmental sectors working with young people in Ukraine and aims to strengthen their co-operation and partnership in the development of youth policy and youth work with the direct involvement of young people in the decision-making processes.
The seminar 50/50 in 2018 will take place from 14 to 20 May 2018 in Lviv, in the framework of the programme of the Youth capital of Ukraine 2018.
Read call for participants for the seminar
Aims and objectives
The aim of the training seminar is to improve participants’ competences to ensure youth participation in youth policy processes and to implement projects for youth participation in line with the Revised European Charter on Youth participation.
Objectives of the seminar
- To develop participants’ knowledge about the European Revised Charter on the participation of young people in local and regional life and the manual “Have your say!” and to reflect how it is used at local and regional levels
- To explore, analyse and to reflect on existent forms, tools and methods for youth participation, on their accessibility, efficiency and attractiveness for diverse groups of young people in Ukraine
- To discuss current context and recent initiatives and developments in the youth field in Ukraine at different levels;
- To develop participants’s competences to influence decisions and in strengthening cooperation between different stakeholders of the youth field at local, regional and national level for further development of youth policy and youth work in Ukraine.
- To contribute to improving dialogue and cooperation among participants for developing new quality initiatives that sustain or strengthen youth participation at local and regional level.