In accordance with the dynamics of the youth sector, the Youth Department's Trainers Pool should ensure access to the best-prepared and most competent trainers in the youth field in Europe. At the same time, the Pool should enable trainers in the youth field, predominantly new competent young trainers, to access the database and ultimately to be hired to run activities for the Department.
This requires very flexible admission criteria for the new members. These criteria should allow new members to enter the Pool on a continuous basis while, at the same time, maintaining the Department's high quality standards and a minimum level of competences required for members.
Admission to the Pool is voluntary and based on an application procedure which includes an application form and recommendation letters from at least two other trainers, one of which should be a member of the Trainers Pool.
To be eligible for the Pool, candidate trainers must:
- Possess as a minimum the competences required to be a junior trainer;
- Have been actively involved in grassroots youth work for at least four years or have been actively involved in international youth work for at least two years;
- Have attended a training course for trainers of a minimum of five working days with the Council of Europe Youth Department or other partners implementing similar trainings and have proven competencies in running intercultural non-formal education activities;
- Be familiar with and adhere to the values and approaches of the Council of Europe in non-formal education youth activities.
- Be recommended by two current members of the TP or by a team having implemented a Youth Department training course.
Membership of the Trainers Pool expires automatically after three years for trainers who have not responded to any call for expressions of interest or been contracted for any activity. The trainers concerned may re-apply. All trainers in the Pool are also expected to renew their profile and update their self-assessment every third year at least.
Being a member of the Trainers Pool does not guarantee a proposal for a contract from the Youth Department.