Youth for Democracy
The Council of Europe Youth for Democracy programme
- The Council of Europe Youth Sector is shaping generations of democracy and human rights spirited young Europeans; discover ou mission, our objective, our priorities and our instruments.
- Our intergovernmental co-operation programme improves the development and the implementation of youth policy, based on Council of Europe standards.
- Our two European Youth Centres Strasbourg and Budapest offer purpose-built, modern and flexible international training, conference and meeting centres with residential facilities.
- The European Youth Foundation provides financial and educational support to youth projects, and its guiding principle is: by, with and for young people;
- Shared political priorities, management, funding and visibility: a true partnership with the European Commission since 1998.
- Our co-management system: a ground-breaking principle for decision-making, which combines the voice of young Europeans and that of public authorities responsible for youth affairs.
The Council of Europe and Youth Policy
Support, assistance and resources for youth policy development in Member States
This brochure is directed at representatives of national authorities responsible for youth interested in the standard setting work of the Council of Europe Youth Sector in the field of youth policy. In it, readers can find information about the engagement of the Council of Europe in this sector, including its key principles, such as co-management, which fosters youth participation in decision making, as well as about the Council of Europe’s main activities in the area of youth policy. Furthermore, readers can find out more about the package of support measures offered to governments interested in developing and/or evaluating their youth policies, in part or in their entirety, in view of international, specifically Council of Europe, standards and about how to engage with those.
European Youth Foundation