Secretary General and Director
Andreas KIEFER (Austria) was elected Secretary General of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe on 17 March 2010 and re-elected in March 2015 for another term of five years.
The Secretary General of the Congress shall be answerable to the Congress and its organs and act under the authority of Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjørn JAGLAND.
The Secretary General of the Congress must ensure the smooth functioning of the Congress and its bodies and the follow-up of their decisions. He is also responsible for transmitting texts adopted by the Congress to the Parliamentary Assembly and the Committee of Ministers, as well as for the efficient management of the human and financial resources of the Congress.
Jean-Philippe Bozouls is Director of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities.
The Director of the Congress is responsible for assisting the Secretary General with the management of the Congress Secretariat and with the fulfilment of the Congress mandate, providing support for its various bodies, and to contribute to the development and the implementation of the objectives of the Congress.
The Director is appointed by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe following consultation of the Bureau of the Congress.
- Congress participated in December meetings of the Venice Commission
- Andreas Kiefer in seminar on immigration and integration: local elected representatives are best-placed to promote awareness raising, prevention and education in this field
- Decentralisation: “Congress will support Ukraine in the crucial phase and welcomes the commitments to proceed from advice to implementation of the reform” stated Andreas Kiefer
- Congress President pays official visit to Iceland
- “Scottish Government would like to ensure Scotland's interests are taken into account in the best possible way” stated Fiona Hyslop
- 19.04.2017 - Activity report CG32(2017)29
- 30.11.2016 - Activity report CG31(2016)27
- 13.04.2016 - Activity report CG30(2016)22
- 01.12.2015 - Activity report CG/2015(29)26
- 15.04.2015 - Activity report CG/2015(28)21
- 10.12.2014 - Activity report CG(27)19
- 16.04.2014 - Activity report CG(26)19
- 11.12.2013 - Activity report CG(25)26
- 03.04.2013 - Activity report CG(24)18
- 14.11.2012 - Activity report CG(23)19
- 09.05.2012 - Activity report CG(22)20
- 16.11.2011 - Activity report CG(21)23