Adopted texts by type of documents
By type of documents
- The Recommendations include proposals addressed to the Committee of Ministers for implementation by governments. They are also sometimes addressed to other European or international organisations, as well as to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
- The Resolutions refers to local and/or regional authorities, as well as to their associations or to the Congress itself.
- The Reports include explanatory memoranda which are presented together with Recommendations and Resolutions.
- The Opinions generally refer to questions submitted by the Committee of Ministers or by the Parliamentary Assembly to the Congress seeking the Congress's advice on matters which are likely to question the competencies and essential interests of local and regional communities represented by the Congress.
- The Declarations express the position of the Congress or a chamber on a topical issue within their competence.