- Gunn Marit HELGESEN: “Hybrid democracy offers new prospects and encourages us to make use of new technologies”
- Congress and Committee of the Regions discuss co-operation priorities
- Gudrun Mosler-Törnström: "We must no longer accept any form of violence against women”
- Congress calls on European towns, cities and regions to combat anti-Gypsyism
- Council of Europe’s Congress adopts report on the situation of mayors in Turkey
The President's role is to direct the political activities of the Congress and its Chambers, to carry out Congress policy and to represent the Congress vis-à-vis other international organisations, within the context of the Council of Europe's general policy on external relations.
The President of the Congress ensures that decisions taken by the Congress are implemented and reacts on behalf of the Congress to current developments. He or she also presents the activities of the Congress and the texts that it has adopted to the Parliamentary Assembly and Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe.