- Congress of the Council of Europe delegation carries out a high-level visit to Ukraine
- Congress President addressing the Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers: “The Congress is determined to contribute to the defense of the common values of the Council of Europe”
- Forum for Local Democracy in Ukraine: mayors, councillors and young local leaders commit to strengthen good local governance
- Forum for Local Democracy in Ukraine: The Council of Europe Congress gathers together mayors, municipal councillors and young leaders in Snovjanka
- “Strengthening the capacities of mayors, councillors and young leaders is essential to build a genuine local democracy in Ukraine”, says Congress President
The President's role is to direct the political activities of the Congress and its Chambers, to carry out Congress policy and to represent the Congress vis-à-vis other international organisations, within the context of the Council of Europe's general policy on external relations.
The President of the Congress ensures that decisions taken by the Congress are implemented and reacts on behalf of the Congress to current developments. He or she also presents the activities of the Congress and the texts that it has adopted to the Parliamentary Assembly and Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe.