Gudrun Mosler-Törnström (Austria, SOC) was elected President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe on 19 October 2016 for a two-year term of office. She had previously held office as President of the Chamber of Regions of the Congress.
- Congress President addresses students from the Minsk Academy of Public Administration
- Belarus: The Congress experience as a tool for strengthening decentralisation
- Round table in Minsk: "The Congress is ready to contribute to the Council of Europe Action Plan for Belarus"
- Congress President meets Belarus President
- High level meetings and round table on local self-government in Belarus
The President's role is to direct the political activities of the Congress and its Chambers, to carry out Congress policy and to represent the Congress vis-à-vis other international organisations, within the context of the Council of Europe's general policy on external relations.
The President of the Congress ensures that decisions taken by the Congress are implemented and reacts on behalf of the Congress to current developments. He or she also presents the activities of the Congress and the texts that it has adopted to the Parliamentary Assembly and Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe.