Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- Handbooks on Transparency and Citizen Participation
- Border regions facing migration
- Safeguarding integrity among local and regional elected representatives
- Robert GRUMAN elected President of the Governance Committee
- Joint Meeting of the Congress Governance Committee and the EU Committee of the Regions CIVEX Commission