Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- Meetings of the Congress Governance and Current Affairs Committees
- Congress asks for enhanced guarantees for autonomy of capital cities
- Status of capital cities: strong legal safeguards in line with the European Charter of Local Self-Government
- Home sharing platforms, Congress Committee calls for a long-term vision based on sustainable development
- The Congress Monitoring, Governance and Current Affairs Committees will hold their meetings remotely