Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- First meeting of High Level Group Congress / Committee of the Regions
- “The Congress is fully involved in the effort to engage municipalities in “smart” modernisation,” says Xavier CADORET
- Management of change: a tool guide for local and regional authorities
- Stewart DICKSON: “We must continue to raise awareness about misuse of administrative resources and its threat for the fairness of elections”
- Tirana : the Congress to take part in a Seminar on the misuse of administrative resources during election processes