Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- Joint Meeting of the Congress Governance Committee and the EU Committee of the Regions CIVEX Commission
- The Latvian example inspires Albanian Mayors and their associations
- Gudrun MOSLER-TÖRNSTRÖM : “Languages are an essential tool for democratic participation”
- Use of languages at local and regional levels: promoting a practical approach to meet with citizens expectations
- Congress Governance Committee meets in Covasna region