Roma and Travellers
European Alliance of Cities and Regions for Roma Inclusion
The European Alliance of Cities and Regions for Roma Inclusion aims to establish national networks among mayors. These networks work as genuine discussion platforms where mayors can meet and exchange their points of view and good practices.
Declaration of local and regional elected representatives against anti-Gypsyism
In 2017, the Congress endorsed a Declaration against anti-Gypsyism, which gives mayors, as well as local and regional elected representatives from all 47 member states, the possibility of taking a stance against the discrimination of Roma.
Dosta! Congress Prize for municipalities
Every two years the Congress awards the Dosta! Congress Prize to three municipalities from Council of Europe member states that have put in place innovative and creative initiatives to efficiently integrate Roma in the long term within their borders.
- Roma inclusion: Towards the creation of an Albanian national network
- Inclusion of Roma youth through education, employment and political participation
- Congress commemorates the victims of the Roma Holocaust on European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day (2nd August)
- On European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day (2 August), Council of Europe’s Congress invites Mayors around Europe to sign the Declaration against anti-Gypsyism
- Piero FASSINO: Combat every type of discrimination to Roma