Roma and Travellers
European Alliance of Cities and Regions for Roma Inclusion
The European Alliance of Cities and Regions for Roma Inclusion aims to establish national networks among mayors. These networks work as genuine discussion platforms where mayors can meet and exchange their points of view and good practices.
Declaration of local and regional elected representatives against anti-Gypsyism
In 2017, the Congress endorsed a Declaration against anti-Gypsyism, which gives mayors, as well as local and regional elected representatives from all 47 member states, the possibility of taking a stance against the discrimination of Roma.
Dosta! Congress Prize for municipalities
Every two years the Congress awards the Dosta! Congress Prize to three municipalities from Council of Europe member states that have put in place innovative and creative initiatives to efficiently integrate Roma in the long term within their borders.
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day (27 January): "74 years later, we still have to fight against anti-Gypsyism," says John Warmisham
- Towards a European framework for national strategies for Roma inclusion after 2020
- John WARMISHAM: "Lack of nationality is at the heart of many of the problems facing Roma in Europe"
- John WARMISHAM: “The Romani language is under threat”
- John WARMISHAM: "A national network of Albanian mayors will identify solutions for a better inclusion of Roma"