Migration and Integration
The increasing number of migrants coming to Europe constitutes a critical challenge for all levels of government, calling for adapted and effective measures in Council of Europe member States. Local and regional authorities who, as the public authority closest to the population, are the first port of call in any emergency situation, have the responsibility to provide newly arrived migrants with access to key public services (housing, healthcare, education) without any discrimination.
- European Qualifications Passport for Refugees
- Allowing IDPs to vote in local elections in Ukraine
- International Migrants Day: Congress President underlines the crucial role of local and regional authorities
- Yoomi Renström: ‘’Local and regional authorities are key actors in the organisation of migrants’ reception and integration‘’
- Voting rights at local level: A factor in the long-term integration of IDPs and migrants