The members of the Congress met in Strasbourg, France, from 27 to 28 March 2018 for their 34th Session placed under the theme “rights-based governance at local and regional level”. Congress members discussed in particular the role of local and regional elected representatives and officials in...
Gudrun Mosler-Törnström: “Given the current challenges, we must preserve the voice of local and regional authorities”
“Together, we are all entering a serious period in the life of our organisation and of our Congress,” said Congress President Gudrun Mosler-Törnström at the opening of the 34th session of the Congress in Strasbourg, France, on 27 March 2018. In her communication, the President gave an update on...
- Debate on the Council of Europe's "smaller member States" and local democracy
- Local and regional democracy in Latvia
- The Congress adopts a recommendation following the fact-finding mission in the Republic of Moldova
- Local democracy in Liechtenstein
- Local democracy in Monaco
- The Congress adopts a Report on municipal elections in “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”
- Local democracy in Andorra
- Local Democracy in the Republic of San Marino
- Congress Chamber of Local Authorities approves Information Report on municipal elections held in Georgia
MediaBox is a mobile studio of multimedia resources allowing live radio interviews and video recordings for the web. Congress members can offer this tool to their press contacts who will have access free of charge to all the facilities on offer. Journalists can also use it directly for the coverage of the Congress Session.