COVID-19: Functioning of the Congress and its Secretariat
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe has taken several steps to pursue its activities while implementing the measures recommended by the health authorities of member states and the World Health Organisation, in accordance with Council of Europe policy.
- Congress presents report on local and regional elections in major crisis situations at Venice Commission’s Council meeting online
- Xavier Cadoret: “Commit each level of governance to common strategies”
- The Covid-19 pandemic must not lead to a “lockdown” of local democracy
- Maintaining free and fair elections in major crisis situations
- Leendert Verbeek: "Despite the pandemic, innovate to continue defending local and regional democracy"
In the context of the sanitary crisis, the secretariat of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities remains operational and partially work remotely via telework. The Congress staff can be reached by email, as well as by phone. The contact details of the Congress Secretariat are available on the web page below.