Description of the study session:
The idea of the study session is to bring new and old stakeholders of the No Hate Speech Movement and No Hate Speech Network to take part in the educational activity where they can develop the needed competences to have a human rights-based approach in fighting for human rights online and offline. The study session envisages to empower youth workers and youth activists representing different youth organisations to fight against hate speech, nationalism and intolerance through human rights education.
The study session aims to empower youth workers and youth activists to challenge hate speech, nationalism and intolerance through human rights education values and approaches.
- To contribute to the development of youth workers’ and youth activists’ understanding of human rights education based on learning about, through and for human rights approach;
- To contribute to the competence development of youth workers and youth activists in challenging hate speech, nationalism and intolerance and supporting human rights;
- To develop the competences of youth workers and youth activists to use Human Rights Education publications: Compass, Compasito, Bookmarks, We CAN, etc;
- To develop concrete guidelines on human rights activism in post-pandemic reality;
- To support the process of partnership building between youth workers and youth activists coming from different youth organizations and to design partnership-based projects;
- To contribute to the capacity development of the No Hate Speech Network;
- To contribute to the Human Rights Education strategy of the No Hate Speech Network.
Information on the Network:
The No Hate Speech Network aims to prevent and counter hate speech by mobilising and connecting individuals and organisations to act in support of human rights and democracy online and offline. With the aim and the priorities of the Network we would like to create a space for youth workers, youth activists and youth organisations to become human rights activists and challenge hate speech, nationalism, intolerance, etc. through human rights education values and approaches.
Dates of the Study Session:
30th May to 4th June 2022 (arrival day 29th May and departure day 4th-5th June)