The 2018 edition of the training course aims to introduce the revised Manual for facilitators which is currently being finalised as a result of the evaluation of study sessions carried out in 2015. The Manual offers updates and new topics which are important for the quality in delivering Study Sessions at the European Youth Centres.
This training course will support the quality of the study sessions held by youth organisations in cooperation with the Council of Europe’s Youth Department by developing the competences of participants to act as facilitators or course directors on basis of the quality standards for intercultural non-formal learning activities.
- to increase participants’ knowledge and awareness about non-formal education approaches within youth activities;
- to familiarize participants’ with the values, mission and quality standards applying to the activities of the European Youth Centres;
- to develop essential competences and motivation of facilitators in intercultural non-formal education activities (e.g. programme design, leadership, team work, facilitating and debriefing, efficient communication, group dynamics, evaluation and follow-up) assuring quality criteria in all aspects of study sessions;
- to increase the participants’ competences and motivation to introduce and deal with intercultural learning and human rights education in study sessions;
- to develop participants’ awareness and skills about organising the follow-up, including the activity reports and other forms of follow-up of study sessions;
- to support youth organisations in implementing their international activities and to the implementation of the Council of Europe Youth for Democracy programme 2018-2019.