The seminar “Democracy done right: young people as key actors in pluralistic democracies - role of the European Youth Card” was organised within the 2022 programme of activities of the Partial Agreement on Youth Mobility through the Youth Card and is aimed at supporting the recognition of various forms of participation in community and democratic societies and to explore the different ways in which the European Youth Card can be a tool for engagement of all young people.
The seminar aimed at:
- offering a space for debate and reflection on how pluralistic democracies can be revitalised and what is the role of youth organisations;
- identifying how tools such as the European Youth Card (EYC) can be used to educate and engage young citizens in important civic debates and empower them as key actors in their communities;
- making policy recommendations to strengthen youth participation in emerging areas such as internet governance, while implementing the principles of the Council of Europe policy frameworks (ex. the Revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life).
News article on the seminar in the Santa Severa Castle bulletin (in Italian & English)
Profile of the participants
This one-day-and-a-half seminar was open to up to 40 participants with expertise in youth affairs/youth mobility, youth work and youth participation:
- Governmental representatives of the member states of the Partial Agreement on Youth Mobility through the Youth Card;
- EYCA member organisations, partners and networks;
- European youth organisations and civil society organisations, with particular focus on the subjects of the seminar from member states party to the European Cultural Convention;
- Researchers in youth participation and other subjects relevant to the seminar.
Find out more about the seminar (practical information, programme...)