To reflect the growing concerns with the acuteness of the climate crisis and its impact on the present and future of current young generations, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe organises a consultative meeting which will take place on 16-18 February 2021 online.
The meeting will be structured around the following objectives:
- To reflect on the impact of climate change on the lives of young people in relation to the right to a healthy environment
- To showcase existing practices and explore challenges for youth participation to impact political action on climate crisis
- To address intersections between the climate crisis and other issues including human rights, democracy, migration, health etc.
- To discuss and explore youth policy responses to the climate crisis
- To discuss approaches and action for taking environmental issues into account in youth policy and programmes.
More detailed information