Are you a young activist? Do you want to take action for democracy, human rights, and youth participation? Apply to the training course Young activists for democracy and join our project Democracy Here | Democracy Now.
The Council of Europe Youth Department runs a project entitled Youth revitalising democracy, that follows-up on the results of its 2022 youth campaign Democracy Here | Democracy Now. The project aims to restore the mutual trust between young people and democratic institutions and processes. It involves activities at European and national level, organised with the support of partner national authorities and youth civil society, advocating for increased political youth participation through lowering the voting age at 16 and for the implementation of the Council of Europe recommendation CM/Rec(2022)6 on protecting youth civil society and young people, and supporting their participation in democratic processes.
In this framework, the Youth Department organises a training course for young activists for democracy with a view to develop the competences of young activists in advocating for revitalising democracy and to create a group that further supports advocacy actions at European and national level in the framework of the project.
The training course will involve:
- E-learning between 20 April and 30 June 2023
- Residential training course between 28 May and 4 June 2023 (arrival and departure days included)
- Involvement in the project activities and actions until the end of 2023.
Objectives of the course:
- To learn about democracy and human rights and the Council of Europe standards and relevant work.
- To explore the causes and effects of democratic decline in Europe today and the role that young people can play in revitalising democracy.
- To develop their competences in activism and mobilisation of young people and youth civil society with a view to uphold democratic values, including advocacy for the objectives identified by the partners involved in the project, strategies, tactics and tools for action offline and online.
- To familiarise the activists with the Call for Action and the project Youth revitalising democracy.
- To develop plans for the involvement of the activists in the project activities, notably the Common Action Days and actions at national level
All those interested are requested to read further the call for participants and apply online by 6 April 2023, 14:00 CET at https://youthapplications.coe.int/
For more information please consult: