A Youth Campaign for Revitalising Democracy
The Joint Council on Youth decided in October 2021 the modalities of a youth campaign for revitalising democracy. The campaign will run between March and October 2022 with a flagship event in Strasbourg in June. The campaign will address three major issues: revitalising democracy, youth participation and digitalisation.
The campaign will be based on national activities and initiatives, coordinated and articulated by the Council of Europe. The activities will have monthly thematic focus that reflect the main issues covered by the project. National partners will be able to adapt and contextualise the nature and scope of the activities to national issues and realities.
The Inception Seminar
The inception seminar is organised to plan the campaign in all its aspects together with the main stakeholders and partners at European and regional level. It will be the first opportunity for potential activists and partners to discuss and plan the campaign, develop a sense of ownership and, in some way, to democratise the campaign.
The inception seminar should result in:
- A shared understanding of the rationale, aims and objectives of the campaign
- A plan of key activities at national and European levels reflecting the three themes of the campaign (revitalising democracy, meaningful youth participation, digitalisation)
- A strategy for communication at European and national levels, based on the concept being prepared for and by the Council of Europe
- A clarification of the roles and communication channels between national partners and activists, the Council of Europe and other European partners
- An understanding of the financial resources available and required for the campaign and the possibilities for fundraising for specific activities.
Deadline for applications: 9 November 2021, 23:59 CET