Programme of activities
EPAS has set 4 priorities :
· Standard-setting with the adoption of the Consolidated Revised Code of Sport Ethics and three consultations on the Recommendations on Autonomy, Migrations and Manipulation of the Game
· Follow-up of existing standards with a Consultative Visit on the European Sport Charter in Bosnia-Herzegovina and two studies : one on the implementation of the Recommendation on the Granting of Visas to Sportsmen and Sportswomen and one on legislation and existing information regarding the fight against racism
· Promotion of diversity and fight against discrimination towards disabled persons through conferences and meetings
· EPAS development with new members and the development of the cooperation with NGOs and authorities
Priorities for 2009 will be defined on the basis of the development of 2008 priorities, the follow-up of the Council of Europe Conference of Ministers responsible for Sport (Athens, 10-12 December 2008) and the decisions taken during the 1st meeting of the Consultative Committee due to be held in 2009.
The first meeting of the Governing Board of the EPAS took place on 8 October 2007. Following the extensive discussions of the Governing Board, the three main topics for the 2008 programme of activities of the EPAS were agreed upon as follows:
1. The 11th Conference of European Ministers responsible for Sport in Greece on the topic of “Autonomy and Ethics in Sport”;
The EPAS Governing Board underlined the importance of co-operation with sports NGOs, international federations and other international organisations in implementing the programme of activities in 2008.