Advisory Group on Monitoring (T-S4 MON)
Who are we?
We are a group of delegates and experts from States Parties and State and non-State Observers, who aim at ensuring the adequate design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of the monitoring mechanism of the Saint-Denis Convention.
What do we do?
Our main tasks are:
- Draft and propose to the Committee the adoption of Guidelines on Monitoring;
- Engage with States Parties so that they regularly provide all relevant information on compliance with the Convention, as set out in Article 12 of the Convention;
- Coordinate the preparation and holding of monitoring and follow-up visits;
- Propose a multi-year plan of monitoring visits to countries upon their request for advice and assistance for the implementation of the Convention; and
- Promote monitoring at appropriate level, raising awareness on the monitoring mechanism and its results and promoting follow-up to recommendations.
Since we were established, we have drafted the Guidelines on Monitoring of the Saint-Denis Convention and the Monitoring Questionnaire (edition 2021).
For further information, please consult the Terms of Reference of this Advisory Group (Annex 2 of the Rules of Procedure).