Advisory Group on Standard setting and Legal Issues (T-S4 LI)
Who are we?
We are a group of delegates and experts from States Parties and State and non-State Observers, who aim at supporting the Committee to decide on legal aspects related to the implementation and interpretation of the provisions of the Convention as well as the possible update of Recommendation 2021(1) and other recommendations.
What do we do?
Our main tasks are:
- Make proposals on the interpretation and implementation of the provisions of the Convention and Recommendation 2021(1), and advice on their possible revision;
- Propose a model structure of a national and local strategy on safety, security and service of sporting events, as established in article 4.4 of the Convention;
- Contribute to ensuring that the human rights dimensions are streamlined in any standard-setting work of the Committee;
- Propose a model structure of national legal and regulatory frameworks on safety, security and service of sporting events;
- Examine the legal and regulatory frameworks and relevant policy documents of States Parties and Observers, in accordance with Article 12 of the Convention, and provide legal assistance, if requested by a country, following a monitoring or follow-up visit;
- Raise awareness on sport-related case law of the European Court of Human Rights and on other Council of Europe sport-related standards; and
- Promote and raise awareness on the standards of the Convention and its Recommendation.
Since we were established, we have drafted two Recommendations: a model structure of a national strategy on safety, security; and service at sports events; and a model of a national legislative and regulatory framework on safety, security and service at sports events, which includes a model national law and a model regulation on stewarding.
For further information, please consult the Terms of Reference of this Advisory Group (Annex 3 of the Rules of Procedure).