Safety, Security and Service
23 Feb 2021 10:17:00Strasbourg 23 February 2021
On 18 February, the Committee of the Saint-Denis-Convention held its 3rd informal meeting to...
10 Feb 2021 16:10:00Strasbourg 10 February 2021
On 10 February 2021, the Permanent Representation of Slovenia to the Council of Europe deposited...
04 Feb 2021 14:42:00Strasbourg, France 04 February 2021
On 2 February 2021, the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the Council of Europe deposited...
The Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events was opened for signature on 3 July 2016 in Saint-Denis (France), at a UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-final match.
What is the purpose of this new convention?
- This convention builds upon the work done internationally since the adoption of the European Convention on Spectator Violence in 1985.
- This Convention is the only internationally binding instrument to establish an integrated approach based on three interdependent pillars: safety, security and service.
- Its aim is to go from a violence-focused approach towards an integrated approach based on safety, security and service.
- It provides measures based on the highest safety, security and service standards developed in Europe.
- It also promotes co-operation between all public and private stakeholders, including supporters, in order to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment at football matches and other sports events.
Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events (CETS No. 218)
- Safety, Security and Service
- State of signatures
- The purpose of the Convention
- A multi-agency integrated approach
- Recommendation (2015)1, revised in 2019
- The Committee on Safety and Security at Sports Events
- Working Group EURO 2020
- Hate speech, racism and other discriminatory behaviour in sport
- Annual / Season reports on sport related violence in Europe
- Historical background of the Convention
- ProS4+ Project
Opening for signature of the Convention