Safety, Security and Service
13 Feb 2019 16:07:00Bilbao, Spain 10-11 February 2019
On the occasion of a Spanish Football League match between Athletic Club Bilbao and FC Barcelona,...
31 Jan 2019 10:13:00Doha, QATAR 31/01/2019
Between 21 and 23 January, a delegation of the Sport Conventions Division of the Council of...
16 Jan 2019 15:45:00
Launch of a new e-learning course on the Convention on safety, security and service at sports eventsStrasbourg 16/01/2019
On 4 December 2018, on the occasion of a networking event around the Saint-Denis Convention,...
The Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events was opened for signature on 3 July 2016 in Saint-Denis (France), at a UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-final match.
What is the purpose of this new convention?
- This convention builds upon the work done internationally since the adoption of the European Convention on Spectator Violence in 1985.
- This Convention is the only internationally binding instrument to establish an integrated approach based on three interdependent pillars: safety, security and service.
- Its aim is to go from a violence-focused approach towards an integrated approach based on safety, security and service.
- It provides measures based on the highest safety, security and service standards developed in Europe.
- It also promotes co-operation between all public and private stakeholders, including supporters, in order to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment at football matches and other sports events.
Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events (CETS No. 218)
- Safety, Security and Service
- State of signatures
- The purpose of the Convention
- A multi-agency integrated approach
- Recommendation (2015)1
- The Committee on Safety and Security at Sports Events
- Working Group EURO 2020
- Annual / Season reports on sport related violence in Europe
- Historical background of the Convention
- ProS4+ Project
Opening for signature of the Convention