Safety, Security and Service
29 Jun 2018 14:34:00Russia 29 June 2018
As usual over the last UEFA and FIFA Cups, national police delegations of the participating...
20 Jun 2018 10:28:00Strasbourg, France 19 June 2018
On 19 June 2018, Portugal confirmed its ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on an...
28 May 2018 10:19:00Strasbourg, France 30-31 May 2018
The 46th meeting of the Standing Committee of the European Convention on Spectator Violence...
The Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events was opened for signature on 3 July 2016 in Saint-Denis (France), at a UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-final match.
What is the purpose of this new convention?
- This convention builds upon the work done internationally since the adoption of the European Convention on Spectator Violence in 1985.
- This Convention is the only internationally binding instrument to establish an integrated approach based on three interdependent pillars: safety, security and service.
- Its aim is to go from a violence-focused approach towards an integrated approach based on safety, security and service.
- It provides measures based on the highest safety, security and service standards developed in Europe.
- It also promotes co-operation between all public and private stakeholders, including supporters, in order to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment at football matches and other sports events.
Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events (CETS No. 218)
Opening for signature of the Convention