Safety, Security and Service
12 Jun 2019 10:51:00Strasbourg 5-6 June 2019
At its meeting on 5-6 June, the Standing Committee that oversees the implementation of the...
18 May 2019 11:20:00Wembley, London 18 May 2019
A team of the Standing Committee of the European Convention on Spectator Violence held a...
15 May 2019 11:08:00
Council of Europe Convention on safety, security and service at sports events: More signatures and ratifications expected soonStrasbourg 15/05/2019
The EU Council has just published its Decision 2019/683 authorising Member States to become...
The Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events was opened for signature on 3 July 2016 in Saint-Denis (France), at a UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-final match.
What is the purpose of this new convention?
- This convention builds upon the work done internationally since the adoption of the European Convention on Spectator Violence in 1985.
- This Convention is the only internationally binding instrument to establish an integrated approach based on three interdependent pillars: safety, security and service.
- Its aim is to go from a violence-focused approach towards an integrated approach based on safety, security and service.
- It provides measures based on the highest safety, security and service standards developed in Europe.
- It also promotes co-operation between all public and private stakeholders, including supporters, in order to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment at football matches and other sports events.
Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events (CETS No. 218)
- Safety, Security and Service
- State of signatures
- The purpose of the Convention
- A multi-agency integrated approach
- Recommendation (2015)1
- The Committee on Safety and Security at Sports Events
- Working Group EURO 2020
- Annual / Season reports on sport related violence in Europe
- Historical background of the Convention
- ProS4+ Project
Opening for signature of the Convention