Safety, Security and Service
18 Oct 2018 10:23:00
Assessment of the implementation of the Standing Committee Policy Strategy on Spectator Violence (2014-2016)Strasbourg, France 18 October 2018
The document on the assessment of the implementation of the Standing Committee Policy Strategy on...
15 Oct 2018 15:59:00Baku, Azerbaijan 14-15 October 2018
The first consultative visit took place in Baku, Azerbaijan On the occasion of a Nations League...
04 Oct 2018 11:06:00Strasbourg, France 4 October 2018
The Council of Europe and the European Union continue to co-operate in the area of safety,...
The Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events was opened for signature on 3 July 2016 in Saint-Denis (France), at a UEFA EURO 2016 quarter-final match.
What is the purpose of this new convention?
- This convention builds upon the work done internationally since the adoption of the European Convention on Spectator Violence in 1985.
- This Convention is the only internationally binding instrument to establish an integrated approach based on three interdependent pillars: safety, security and service.
- Its aim is to go from a violence-focused approach towards an integrated approach based on safety, security and service.
- It provides measures based on the highest safety, security and service standards developed in Europe.
- It also promotes co-operation between all public and private stakeholders, including supporters, in order to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment at football matches and other sports events.
Council of Europe Convention on an Integrated Safety, Security and Service Approach at Football Matches and Other Sports Events (CETS No. 218)
- Safety, Security and Service
- State of signatures
- The purpose of the Convention
- A multi-agency integrated approach
- Recommendation (2015)1
- The Committee on Safety and Security at Sports Events
- Working Group EURO 2020
- Annual / Season reports on sport related violence in Europe
- Historical background of the Convention
- ProS4+ Project
Opening for signature of the Convention