Advisory Group on International Co-operation (T-S4 COOP)
Who are we?
We are a group of delegates and experts from States Parties and State and non-State Observers, who aim at supporting the Committee to further promote effective international cooperation.
What do we do?
Our main tasks are:
- Make proposals to strengthen international cooperation between States Parties, Observer States and relevant sport NGOs, notably in the preparation for major international sports events;
- Promote the exchange of good practices and information on preventative, educational and informative projects and the establishment of partnerships with all agencies involved in the delivery of national and local initiatives, focused on or driven by the local community and supporters, between States and relevant sport NGOs as stated in Article 11.5 of the Convention;
- Support coordination of NFIPs activities, as established in Article 11, paragraphs 2 to 4, in cooperation with the European network of National Football Information Points (NFIPs);
- Contribute to strengthen institutional co-operation with international universal and regional organisations;
- Establish a permanent bilateral co-operation with UEFA and FIFA and strengthen partnerships with the sport movement, namely the International Olympic Committee, other International Federations and other sports bodies involved in the organisation of international major sports events in Europe and beyond;
- Contribute to the implementation of the United Nations global programme on safety and security of international major sporting events; and
- Promote and raise awareness at international level, on the Convention and its Recommendation.
Since we were established, we have agreed on the evaluation report on UEFA EURO 2020 and drafted a document on current and future initiatives of the Saint-Denis Committee in the field of international co-operation.
For further information, please consult the Terms of Reference of this Advisory Group (Annex 4 of the Rules of Procedure).