VAC Clearinghouse – the Council of Europe platform on “Responses to violence against children”
Effective responses to violence against children need integrated approaches at all levels, from the international scene to the local community, passing by national strategies which are comprehensive and targeted likewise. Through the present clearinghouse – an online platform for providing information on violence against children under various angles - the Council of Europe wishes to support in particular national stakeholders involved in developing responses to violence against children.
Information made available via this platform is structured around:
- information on different violence issues and links to relevant resources;
- the prevalence and implementation of national strategies for the protection of children from violence according to the Council of Europe Policy Guidelines on integrated national strategies for the protection of children from violence;
- international references related to current Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030 and UN activities;
- data, studies and reports on violence against children;
- national action and good practice examples in specific areas and Council of Europe standards and tools relating to violence against children.
The development of the present clearinghouse in close collaboration with national governments and European and international partners represented at the Group of Experts CAHENF-VAC began in September 2018; a first consistent database shall be launched during the course of 2019.