Support to the School of Magistrates
The overall objective "Support to the Sustainability of the School of Magistrates of Albania" was to improve the efficiency of the judicial system by building the sustainability of the School of Magistrates of Albania, raising the quality of the initial and continuous training at the Albanian School of Magistrates and strengthening the managerial capacities of the Institution.
Its specific objective was to enable the School of Magistrates of Albania to become a self sustainable institution within the Albanian judiciary.
More precisely, the specific objectives were:
- to enhance the management and operational capacity of the School of Magistrates, including its financial sustainability (mainly based on national resources and institutional development)
- to improve the quality of initial and continuous training provided by the School of Magistrates
- to achieve an increased level of competence of magistrates (judges and prosecutors).
The proposed Action rest on the implementation of the strategic plan defined by the School of Magistrates of Albania for the period 2006 – 2015.
The key target group were the School of Magistrates of Albania, its administrative and training staff, as well as its students.
Professionals charged with the planning of initial and continuous training curricula, the design of training material and with the financial and human resources management of the School were also addressed by this programme.
The High Council of Justice of Albania and the Ministry of Justice were direct beneficiaries of the increased sustainability of the School of Magistrates.
The Albanian citizens and society as a whole are the ultimate beneficiaries of an improved quality of justice and legal and judicial education.
- Strengthening Local Government Structures and Cooperation of Local Elected Representatives in Albania - Phase II
- Reinforcing Local and Regional Government Structures in Albania - Phase I
- Support to the Efficiency of Justice - SEJ
- Promoting Human Rights and Minority Protection in South East Europe
- Fight Against Discrimination Based of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Promoting Freedom of Expression and Information and Freedom of the Media in South-Eastern Europe
- Regional Support for Inclusive Education
- Project Against Corruption in Albania
- Excecution of ECHR's decisions
- Support to the Training of Court Administrators in Albania
- Data protection within the framework of the civil registry system of Albania
- Support to the Sustainability of the School of Magistrates
- PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in SEE
- Social support institutions throughout the Western Balkans Region