PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in SEE
The overall objective of the "PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in South-Eastern Europe" was to strengthen the capacities of the CARDS countries to develop and implement judiciary co-operation against serious crime based on the European Union acquis and other European and international standards and practices by supporting the Prosecutor’s Network.
In particular, the project focused on strengthening the legislation and institutional capacities of General Prosecutors’ Offices of South Eastern Europe in view of a more effective co-operation against serious crime. The Project whose implementation started in April 2008, and finishes in April 2010, was implemented in the following project areas: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and UNMIK/Kosovo*.
The Council of Europe (Economic Crime Division, Technical Co-operation Department, Directorate General of Human Rights and Legal Affairs) was responsible for the 8 overall management of the project, in close co-operation with the Italian Ministry of Justice.
*“All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.”
- Strengthening Local Government Structures and Cooperation of Local Elected Representatives in Albania - Phase II
- Reinforcing Local and Regional Government Structures in Albania - Phase I
- Support to the Efficiency of Justice - SEJ
- Promoting Human Rights and Minority Protection in South East Europe
- Fight Against Discrimination Based of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Promoting Freedom of Expression and Information and Freedom of the Media in South-Eastern Europe
- Regional Support for Inclusive Education
- Project Against Corruption in Albania
- Excecution of ECHR's decisions
- Support to the Training of Court Administrators in Albania
- Data protection within the framework of the civil registry system of Albania
- Support to the Sustainability of the School of Magistrates
- PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in SEE
- Social support institutions throughout the Western Balkans Region
- EU/CoE Support to Efficiency of Justice