Supporting enforcement of judicial decisions and facilitating the execution of ECtHR judgements in Albania (D-REX II)
23 Jun 2020 11:06:00Albania 23 June 2020
“Access to justice for women” in relation to the right to peaceful enjoyment of property...
02 Mar 2020 10:36:00Albania 2 March 2020
Harmonisation of judicial practice in relation to property rights in Albania, the role of the...
18 Nov 2019 14:48:00Albania 18 November 2019
How to ensure that the rights of property owners are enforced in line with the standards...
08 Nov 2019 13:56:00Tirana 8 November 2019
One of the main obstacles for an effective implementation of the European Convention on Human...
What is the goal?
- to support Albanian authorities in the field of judiciary, to efficiently and timely enforce domestic judicial decisions and execute judgments of the European Court of Human Rights;
- to ensure that the rights of property owners in Albania are effectively enforced;
- to contribute to the harmonisation of judicial practice in the field of property rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- citizens of Albania and especially women and girls in relation to the right of peaceful enjoyment of property;
- public authorities and institutional actors, namely State Advocate, Agency for the Treatment of Property, State Agency of Cadastre, High Judicial Council, Albanian Parliament, Constitutional Court, High Court, School of Magistrates, School of Advocacy, Universities.
How will the project work?
- through the identification of shortcomings related to the execution of the ECtHR judgments, the Action will propose and support the application of effective remedies, for a better understanding of final decisions and the ECtHR judgments and support public authorities in their implementation;
- through the development of key recommendations and supporting the authorities for a more effective and expeditious functioning of the legal framework on property rights such as compensation mechanism and support in their implementation;
- through regular inter-judicial meetings and exchanges of experiences the Action will enable legal practitioners to better harmonise the standards of the Convention in the domestic judicial practice.
What do we expect to achieve?
- application of more effective domestic remedies for the execution of the European Court of Human Rights judgments and enforcement of final domestic decisions;
- efficient functioning of related legal instruments such as property compensation mechanism are in line with the European Court of Human Rights case law and standards;
- improved legal understanding and certainty for citizens requesting legal services in the field, through consistent application of legislation and reinforced inter-judicial dialogue especially in the field of property rights.
How much will it cost?
- the total budget of the Action is 700 000 EUR;
- the budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How do we get more information?
- Human Rights National Implementation Division: https://www.coe.int/en/web/national-implementation/home
- Marjana Papa, Project Officer, Marjana.PAPA@coe.int;
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.Baka@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430
This webpage has been produced using funds of a joint project between the European Union and the Council of Europe. The views expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.