Strengthening the Quality and Efficiency of Justice in Albania (SEJ III)
10 Jun 2020 13:52:00
Impact and lessons of the health crisis on the efficiency of justice and the functioning of the judicial systems10 june 2020
During this COVID-19 pandemic, continuous efforts have been made by the Council of Europe member...
14 Feb 2020 13:10:00Tirana, Albania 14 February 2020
At the request of the High Judicial Council (HJC), a mission of CEPEJ experts was organised in...
31 Jan 2020 14:07:00Tirana 31 January 2020
The future magistrates of Albania are being prepared and empowered using the Council of Europe...
11 Nov 2019 15:31:00Tirana 11 November 2019
Key partners and actors in supporting the justice reform in Albania joined the Conference on...
What is the goal?
- To improve the efficiency and quality of the public service of justice delivered to the Albanian citizens in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools;
- To assist and contribute in the development of key identified areas of the reform such as judicial statistics, security of courts, communication with media, satisfaction of court users;
- To prepare and raise the capacities of the School of Magistrates (SoM) to respond to the needs resulting from the justice reform process.
Who benefits from the project?
- The Action supports and assists key judiciary institutions such as: High Judicial Council, High Judicial Council, High Prosecutorial Council, Ministry of Justice, High Inspector of Justice, Courts and Courts’ users, School of Magistrates, Bar Association;
- The citizens of Albania, who will receive improved services in the field of justice.
How will the project work?
The Action relies on the expertise of CEPEJ experts and their experience from different countries to improve the functioning of the justice system with related methodologies and tools tailor made for Albania. In order to ensure sustainable progress and impact of the support for the justice reform the Action will conduct different activities such as needs assessment reports, specific recommendations and development of tailor-made tools for improving their implementation, court coaching projects, awareness seminars and trainings, study visits etc.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Public service of justice delivered to the Albanian citizens is improved, of better quality and more efficient, in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools;
- Judicial statistics are developed in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools through ensuring a sustainable and consistent process of collecting and analysing reliable data at all levels;
- The School of Magistrates training capacities are strengthened to respond to the needs of the justice reform process, in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 1,000,000.00 EUR;
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How do we get more information?
- Council of Europe European Commission for the efficiency of justice (CEPEJ) website: https://www.coe.int/en/web/cepej/home
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.Baka@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430
This webpage has been produced using funds of a joint project between the European Union and the Council of Europe. The views expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.