Strengthening the Quality and Efficiency of Justice in Albania (SEJ III)
10 May 2022 11:14:00Tirana 10 May 2022
On 9 May, a conference entitled “Justice in challenging times”, focusing on important challenges...
22 Apr 2022 14:19:00
Improving court’s performance through user satisfaction surveys: new system launched in Tirana todayTirana 22 April 2022
Court users in Albania will now have the possibility to evaluate the quality and efficiency of...
08 Apr 2022 15:54:00Durrës, Albania 8 April 2022
27 senior representatives of albanian courts, High Judicial Council, School of Magistrates and...
18 Feb 2022 10:06:00Tirana 18 February 2022
The public consultation process with groups of interest on the new judicial map of Albania,...
What is the goal?
- To improve the efficiency and quality of the public service of justice delivered to the Albanian citizens in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools;
- To assist and contribute in the development of key identified areas of the reform such as judicial statistics, security of courts, communication with media, satisfaction of court users;
- To prepare and raise the capacities of the School of Magistrates (SoM) to respond to the needs resulting from the justice reform process.
Who benefits from the project?
- The Action supports and assists key judiciary institutions such as: High Judicial Council, High Judicial Council, High Prosecutorial Council, Ministry of Justice, High Inspector of Justice, Courts and Courts’ users, School of Magistrates, Bar Association;
- The citizens of Albania, who will receive improved services in the field of justice.
How will the project work?
The Action relies on the expertise of CEPEJ experts and their experience from different countries to improve the functioning of the justice system with related methodologies and tools tailor made for Albania. In order to ensure sustainable progress and impact of the support for the justice reform the Action will conduct different activities such as needs assessment reports, specific recommendations and development of tailor-made tools for improving their implementation, court coaching projects, awareness seminars and trainings, study visits etc.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Public service of justice delivered to the Albanian citizens is improved, of better quality and more efficient, in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools;
- Judicial statistics are developed in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools through ensuring a sustainable and consistent process of collecting and analysing reliable data at all levels;
- The School of Magistrates training capacities are strengthened to respond to the needs of the justice reform process, in accordance with CEPEJ standards and tools.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 1,000,000.00 EUR;
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How do we get more information?
- Council of Europe European Commission for the efficiency of justice (CEPEJ) website: https://www.coe.int/en/web/cepej/home
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +355 69 217 8430
This webpage has been produced using funds of a joint project between the European Union and the Council of Europe. The views expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.