Regional Support for Inclusive Education
"Regional Support for Inclusive Education" is a regional project for South East Europe. It aims to enhance social inclusion and social cohesion in the region (in line with the Beneficiaries' commitments to European Union accession and Council of Europe standards) by promoting inclusive education and training in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and Kosovo* .
The project will promote the concept of inclusive education as a reform principle that respects and caters for diversity amongst all learners, with a specific focus on those who are at a higher risk of marginalisation and exclusion.
To increase the understanding of the benefits of inclusive education, the main activities will focus on 49 pilot schools (7 per beneficiary: 3 primary, 2 general secondary and 2 vocational secondary). The experiences gained from these pilot schools will provide policy makers with firm suggestions on how to scale up identified effective practices. This will enable them to cater for increased social diversity and more inclusive societies – for the benefit of all. The Project has a ‘bottom-up' approach that will help policy makers move from experience in the field to mainstream education reforms.
While focusing on pilot schools, the project will at the same time be conducted at a regional level, thereby accentuating the role of education and training in the promotion of social inclusion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue and non-discrimination in South East Europe as a whole.
A regional approach to inclusive education is well justified due to the similarity of the social, political and economic contexts and problems shared by the countries in South East Europe. In particular, the education systems have similar structures and are undergoing similar reforms, all of them struggling to ensure equality of opportunity for diverse groups of learners. These common factors, coupled with the shared needs, similar priorities and limited resources, suggest that regional cooperation, exchange of experience and learning can promote more efficient implementation of inclusive education at a national level, while offering significant economies of scale.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
- Strengthening Local Government Structures in Albania
- Horizontal Facility for Western Balkans and Turkey - Phase I
- Strengthening the Quality and Efficiency of Justice in Albania (SEJ2)
- Action against Economic Crime
- Fighting Bullying and Extremism in the Education System in Albania
- Preventing and Combating Discrimination on Grounds of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Albania
- Supporting Effective Domestic Remedies and Facilitating the Execution of ECtHR Judgments (D-REX)
- Enhancing the Protection of Human Rights of Prisoners in Albania
- Strengthening the Protection of National Minorities in Albania
- Reinforcing Judicial Expertise on Freedom of Expression and the Media in South-East Europe (JUFREX)
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Albanian System of Human Rights Protection and Anti-discrimination
- Strengthening Local Government Structures and Cooperation of Local Elected Representatives in Albania - Phase II
- Reinforcing Local and Regional Government Structures in Albania - Phase I
- Support to the Efficiency of Justice - SEJ
- Promoting Human Rights and Minority Protection in South East Europe
- Fight Against Discrimination Based of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Promoting Freedom of Expression and Information and Freedom of the Media in South-Eastern Europe
- Regional Support for Inclusive Education
- Project Against Corruption in Albania
- Excecution of ECHR's decisions
- Support to the Training of Court Administrators in Albania
- Data protection within the framework of the civil registry system of Albania
- Support to the Sustainability of the School of Magistrates
- PROSECO Project: Support to Prosecutor's Network in SEE
- Social support institutions throughout the Western Balkans Region