Impact of Covid-19 on sport: how to address new challenges in Europe
As sports continue to start up again after unprecedented lockdowns, many operational and organisational shifts have occurred to allow for sport to be practised in the context of this sanitary pandemic. Sport has been badly impacted by COVID-19, and recovery will take time. To further explore how COVID-19 has challenged sport and how it could leave its footprint on how sport is practised and organised, EPAS is delighted to welcome institutional and civil society experts to attend a Webinar on 7 October. Join the virtual meeting of EPAS to discuss the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on sport and to reflect on its impact, risks and opportunities for the future.
Moderated by Alexandre Husting, Chair of EPAS Governing Board, the panellists include:
- Ms Snežana Samardžić-Marković, Director General of Democracy at the Council of Europe
- Mr Hoss Rafaty, Secretary General of World Taekwondo Federation
- Mr Stewart Harris, Chief Executive of sportscotland (National Agency for Sport)
- Ms Wanda Wendel-Vos, Researcher from the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (Netherlands)
- Mr Detlef Dumon, Executive Director of the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICCSPE)