Youth delegates - Sessions
Since October 2014, the Congress has invited young people from different backgrounds – youth activists, youth workers, students, young politicians – to take part in its sessions, to have their say in the debates and to exchange with Congress members on the issues on the agenda. Since 2016, as an integral part of their participation, youth delegates have been required to develop their own projects at local and regional level in between the sessions.
- Youth delegates participated in all the debates of the 42nd session of the Congress
- Council of Europe Congress calls on local and regional authorities to provide a better future for rural youth
- Children and sustainable cities: Congress adopts guidelines for local and regional authorities
- Strengthening youth work in cities and regions
- Thomas Andersson: "Investing in youth work means investing in the future of local democracy.”
- Rejuvenating politics: grassroots projects that made young people's voices heard in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Jelena Drenjanin: "Democratic security requires trust in institutions, citizen participation, smart cities and intercultural dialogue”
- International Youth Day: “Young people must have a say, from the local to the international level”, says Thomas Andersson
- Youth action on post-covid recovery strategies at local and regional level
- Make room for young people!
The Congress' Thematic Spokesperson on Youth, Thomas Andersson, was interviewed by Europe Goes Local about the work of the Congress, the youth participation through Youth Delegates Programme and more!