Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- 127th Session of the Committee of Ministers: “To face the crises in Europe, we must mobilise all forces at all levels of governance”, says Congress President
- Robert Gruman: “Defending democratic values during the Covid-19 crisis”
- Meeting of Congress Committees: Governance, Current Affairs and Monitoring
- Recentralisation is not a “miracle cure for the Covid pandemic”, Congress expert says
- Transforming urban-rural divide into territorial co-operation