The toolbox aims to provide an accessible and user-friendly set of tools to guide organisations and their stakeholders in their human rights duties in the context of their activities.
The toolbox also aims to inform organisations about how they can comply with these duties and, in case of an adverse human rights impact, how the implicated organisation can redress or compensate the direct and indirect victims.
In particular, this toolbox aims to equip organisations with the necessary skills to implement their corporate responsibility to respect human rights. It also aims to explicitly set out organisations’ legal duties with respect to human rights law under Belgian jurisdiction.
The 10 tools are organised as:
- Human rights law in force in Belgium
- Human rights guidelines for organisations
- Private organisations
- State relationships with Organisations
- Multi-stakeholder Initiatives
- Economic sectors of relevance to Belgium
- Human rights due diligence
- Operational-level grievance mechanisms
- Human Rights self-assessment compliance