Council of Europe standards for protection
The purposes of the
3) to end with the impunity of the perpetrators of sexual violence through harmonisation of criminal law
- the definition and criminalisation of the many forms of sexual violence
- the extension of the limitation period which starts running when the child reaches majority
- the possibility to prosecute for offences committed in another country even if the act is not an offence in that country
- measures to ensure corporate liability and avoid impunity by legal persons, etc.