The Ministerial Conference
The Ministerial Conference is the political authority of the PG. In principle it is held every four years. It is attended by Ministers having responsibility for drugs policies in their own countries. Ministers from non-Member States may also attend, subject to a specific decision being taken by the Group to that end. The conference also provides Ministers with an opportunity for open and non-binding discussions between themselves.
The role of the Ministerial Conference is to formulate the strategic direction of, and priorities for the Group’s work. Ministers consider a report drawn up by the Permanent Correspondents on the activities of the past four years and the signals for policy and practice that it contains; and they approve the work programme for the coming period. Supplementary Conferences on specific subjects may be held between two ordinary ministerial conferences.
During the conference also, the Pompidou Group Presidency and Vice-Presidency for the next four-year period are elected.
17th Ministerial Conference - Stavanger, 27-28 November 2018
Attended by some 110 participants, including several ministers and state secretaries, government officials and leaders of international organisations, the 17th Ministerial Conference of the Pompidou Group was dedicated to the theme "Sustainable drug policies respectful of human rights".
The programme included the interactive presentation of activities implemented under the 2015-2018 Work Programme, the election of a new Presidency and Vice-Presidency for the Pompidou Group, as well as the adoption of the next Work Programme (2019-2022) and the final declaration.
- Conference Programme
- Work Programme 2019-2022
- "Stavanger Declaration"
- Decisions on the follow-up of the Conference
- Activity Report
16th Ministerial Conference - Strasbourg, 19-20 November 2014
The Ministerial Conference of the Pompidou Group of the Council of Europe was held on 19 and 20 November. Delegations from all over Europe as well as from non-European countries met in Strasbourg to forge ahead with the anti-drug policies of tomorrow. Seven ministers and more than fifty national delegations were present.
15th Ministerial Conference - Strasbourg, 3-4 November 2010
- Achievements and Results 2007 - 2010: Report on the implementation of the Pompidou Group 2007 – 2010 Work Programme
- Summary of results and achievements of the Pompidou Group between 2007 and 2010
- Work Programme 2011-2014 adopted on 4 November 2010: Pompidou Group, 15th Ministerial Conference
- The Pompidou Group: Mission, organisation, governance and working methods
- Declaration adopted at the 15th Ministerial Conference of the Pompidou Group
- 15th Ministerial Conference of the Pompidou Group: 3 – 4 November 2010 - Council of Europe - Strasbourg, ‘Towards a coherent policy on psychoactive substances’
- “Towards a coherent policy on psychoactive substances”, 15th Pompidou Group Ministerial Conference Strasbourg, 3 – 4 November 2010: Proceedings