The Council of Europe Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Unit, in cooperation with the organization for sex and gender variant persons (XY spectrum), will hold a public webinar on “Intersex persons and the challenges they face in Serbia” on 20 November 2020 from 2.30pm to 4:30pm (CET). The event will provide an overview of relevant legal and policy frameworks, and address the current situation of the rights of intersex persons and challenges faced in the country, bringing together Serbian professionals from different fields.
The meeting will be opened by:
- Eleni Tsetsekou, Head of the SOGI unit of the Council of Europe
And moderated by:
- Ninoslav Mladenovic, Senior Project Officer for the Promotion of Diversity and Equality in the Western Balkans (EU/CoE Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey II)
The panel discussion “Intersex persons and the challenges they face in Serbia”, will have contributions from:
- Milica Sekulović, PhD student and research trainee at Faculty of Philosophy
- Vladimir Kojović, MD, PhD. Assistant Professor at the Institute Mother and Child Health Care of Serbia, Belgrade, Pediatric urologist and surgeon
- Dr. Jelena Simić, Associate Professor, Union University School of Law Belgrade
- Kristian Ranđelović, M.A. Executive director and psychological counselor in organization XY Spectrum, Belgrade
Please note that the webinar will have simultaneous interpretation in English and Serbian.
To join the webinar, use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85049566913?pwd=L0o5a3Q4bVVpdGtSQWwzQzkzSlM5dz09.
Would you like to ask something to the panelists? Please send us your questions in Serbian or in English to the email address: [email protected] before the event.