Promoting media freedom and pluralism in the Republic of Moldova
The Joint EU /CoE Project “Promoting Media Freedom and Pluralism in the Republic of Moldova ” is aimed to strengthen or establish legal and institutional guarantees for a pluralistic media landscape in the Republic of Moldova.
This project is built upon the achievements of the now completed Joint Programmes EU/ CoE “Democracy Support Project” and the Regional EU/CoE JP “Promoting Freedom, professionalism and pluralism of media in the South Caucasus and Moldova”.
The project is aiming to:
- drafting amendments to existing media related legislation in line with European standards
- putting into practice the regulatory framework
- Ensuring the functioning of public service broadcaster’s supervisory bodies of national public service broadcast and regional broadcast
- improving the editorial policies and the existing TV and radio programs of the public broadcasters, in particular those on European Union policies;
- setting up and ensuring the functioning of the Training Centre at Teleradio-Moldova (TRM) which will offer professional media training workshops for TRM’s employees.
"Everyone has the right to freedom of expression"
Art. 10 European Convention on Human Rights