Who is eligible to register with the EYF?
The EYF does not support individuals. It only supports non-governmental youth organisations.
In practice, this means:
- The decision-making structure of the organisation is composed of young people; the members of the organisation are young people; activities and projects are carried out by young people, for young people and with young people.
- The organisation is non-profit-making and non-governmental, i.e. not part of a government. If you are funded or partially funded by a government, no government representative can be a member. It cannot be a private business either.
Furthermore, the NGO has to be based in one of the signatories to the European Cultural Convention (all CoE member states and Belarus, Holy and Kazakhstan). The following types of youth NGOs can apply to the EYF:
- International youth NGOs
- International network of youth NGOs
- Regional network of youth NGOs
- National youth NGOs
- Local youth NGOs
Registration of your organisation in the online system of the EYF
Organisations must register in the EYF online system and their registration needs to be validated before they can submit a project application to the EYF.
Upon registration, organisations will receive a message from the EYF regarding the outcome of their registration or asking for more information. If the organisation’s registration request is rejected, the EYF will provide the reasons for this rejection.
How to register your organisation?
- Check whether your organisation’s mission, priorities and activities have a link with the work of the Council of Europe and the priorities of the youth sector.
- Each organisation has a different purpose, perspective and interest. What is important is that the organisation seeks social improvement based on human rights, democracy and the rule of law for a more tolerant society.
- EYF grants are project-based, so it may be helpful to consult the characteristics that are common to projects the EYF supports. The same page includes examples of projects supported by the EYF.
- Registration must be done by filling a form in the online system. All fields have guiding questions, which should be read carefully to ensure a successful registration.
In the registration form:
- Provide detailed information on your organisation's aims, membership, structure, national branches or partners (if you are an international youth NGO or international network of youth NGOs), international affiliations or partners (if you are a national youth NGO) and the names of the key people in leadership positions.
- We may request certified copies or original documents confirming the information provided.
- You will also need to provide a list or report of recent activities, as well as a scanned copy of your statutes, stamped and signed – in case the text is in another language that English or French, you are also required to provide a translation of at least the main elements of your statutes.
Have a look at the 6 criteria below to find out if you are eligible for EYF support. Before trying to register you will be asked (in the online system) these same questions.
- My organisation is a non-profit-making and non-governmental.
- My organisation has its own statutes.
- My organisation runs activities for young people (15-30 years old).
- It is young people who take the decisions on our programme of activities.
- Members of my organisation are aged between 15 and 30 years old.
- Our work is in line with the values and priorities of the Council of Europe.
Important: please allow for at least 15 days for your registration to be processed by the EYF.
INFO: NGOs need to provide their GPS location.
Wonder why? Well…this information will feed the map!
The map will allow you to see which other organisations are registered with us, find possible partners in your home country or in other CoE member states. Please have this information ready to be included in your registration form (see instructions).
For NGOs already registered in the old EYF system (prior to 2013)
Basic information from your present registration has been transferred to the new system.
Verify the information, fill in what is missing and upload your statutes and annual report. You will keep your NGO number, but this will no longer be your login. Your organisation's e-mail will be your new login. The password is the same.
For further information, please click on the calendar of events