Training events in member states
As part of the ongoing effort to disseminate the opportunities for Youth NGOs, the EYF organises, in co-operation with member states, training events for Youth Organisations at national and local level. The event addresses the EYF and its opportunities and working methods, as well as certain highlights of youth policy and project management.
In the past, and in order to strengthen the partnership with youth NGOs, the EYF organised five seminars at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg. In 2018, the EYF started a new chapter by providing capacity building in member states, allowing for closer co-operation with their youth structures and young people from the country. The first two presentations took place in 2018, one in Portugal and one in North Macedonia, which set the format for the following presentations.
The presentation is open to representatives from Youth NGOs from national, regional or local level, or other profiles who can benefit directly from the training, considering the needs of the host country and in dialogue with its representatives.
The EYF presentation/training in member states has the following general objectives:
- Reach out directly to young people and youth organisations in a Council Europe member state;
- Disseminate the opportunities offered by the EYF and its specificities;
- Learn about the reality and context of youth NGOs in the hosting country;
- Support the youth authorities in the hosting country in their work with youth NGOs.
The initiative to organise such training events comes from member states and the EYF is available to implement a limited number per year.
List of EYF presentations
- Beja, Portugal - 7 to 9 March 2018 - in co-operation with the Portuguese Institute of Youth and Sports
- Skopje, North Macedonia - 6 to 8 September 2018 - in co-operation with the Agency of Youth and Sport
The EYF organised a presentation in Albania from 25 to 27 March for 30 representatives of local and national youth organisations.
The EYF implemented a training event in Ljubljana, Slovenia, from 11 to 13 March 2019
The EYF organised a presentation in Skopje, “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, for local and national organisations, and an information session in Brussels, for International Youth NGOS.