Getting to Strasbourg
|Getting to Strasbourg||Getting to the AGORA Building||. Accommodation|
The International Airport (Strasbourg Entzheim) is 10 km away from Strasbourg town
- By car: via the motor-way
- Train shuttles connect the airport to Strasbourg railway station and run up to 4 times per hour, with 9 minutes journey time. For info: Tel. 0033 800 77 98 67 (toll-free from France) - www.ter-sncf.com/alsace.
- Taxis are also available at the airport until 11 p.m. (arrival time of the last flight).
Strasbourg can easily be reached from other nearby international airports such as Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden airport (Distance: 58 km from Strasbourg), Basel-Mulhouse airport (Distance: 130 km from Strasbourg), Frankfurt Main airport (Distance: 210 km from Strasbourg) or Paris CDG airport (Distance: 478 km from Strasbourg) by train, car or shuttle.
Strasbourg is connected to many cities by train. For example: Paris-Strasbourg takes 1.46 hrs, Brussels-Strasbourg takes 3.45 hrs.
Strasbourg can be reached from various directions:
- From the west (Paris, Benelux) taking the A4 highway. About 4 hours from Paris;
- From the south (Switzerland, Lyon), taking the A35 highway. About 5 hours from Lyon;
- From the north and east (Germany), taking the A5 highway.
From the airport (as mentioned above: by car, train or taxi)
From Strasbourg railway station
- By tram: Take Tram C from outside the train station, direction “Neuhof Rodolphe Reuss” and get off at “République” from where you can take a Tram E direction “Robertsau-Boecklin” directly to the “Human Rights” stop (your are in front of the European Court of Human Rights). Then walk across the street to the Council of Europe Agora building entrance.
- By taxi: There is a taxi rank at the railway station. Ask for the Agora building of the Council of Europe
From the motorway, take the “Wacken” exit, then follow the signposts “Institutions européennes” (European Institutions). Go along Avenue Herrenschmidt, through Place de Bordeaux, along Boulevard Ohmacht and Boulevard Jacques Preiss, and on your left up Allée de la Robertsau to the Council of Europe. Then, pass the bridge. The Agora building is the first on your right. link to the route
There is an all-day free car park near the Council of Europe but public transport is strongly recommended as the number of places is limited in the vicinity.
Find routes in Strasbourg: trip planner website
Please note that accommodation is not provided to the participants. Invited speakers will be contacted separately.
List of recommended hotels
For information about accommodations, hotels and general information about the City of Strasbourg, please visit the Strasbourg Tourist Office at: http://www.otstrasbourg.fr .
Following the decision of the Committee of Ministers on 16 March 2022 the Russian Federation is no longer a member of the Council of Europe. The website will be updated as soon as possible to take account of this development.