Improved procedural safeguards in judicial proceedings in Montenegro
13 јун 2022 11:43:00Podgorica i Tivat 30. i 31. maj 2022. godine
Pozorišna predstava „Noć tribada”, koja je premijerno odigrana u Podgorici 30. maja i dan kasnije...
07 јун 2022 23:20:00Kolašin, Crna Gora 25-26. maj 2022. godine
Radni sastanak sa advokatima i advokaticama na temu zaštite žrtava nasilja u porodici održan je u...
31 мај 2022 23:59:00
Informacije o besplatnoj pravnoj pomoći za žrtve nasilja u porodici u Crnoj Gori dostupne i na albanskom jezikuCrna Gora 31. maj 2022. godine
Flajer sa informacijama o službama za pružanje besplatne pravne pomoći u Crnoj Gori izrađen je i...
13 мај 2022 11:03:00Podgorica, Crna Gora 13. maj 2022. godine
Pozorišna predstava „Noć Tribada“, zasnovana na tekstu P. O. Enkvista, biće odigrana 30. maja...
What is the goal?
- To support Montenegrin authorities to further align procedural rights of victims, accused and suspected persons with the EU acquis and the European Court of Human Rights’ standards;
- To facilitate access to free legal aid system;
- To enhance human rights education through establishment of legal clinics at the faculties of law;
- To strengthen legal certainty for citizens through consistent application of EU acquis, the European Court of Human Rights’ case law and reinforced judicial dialogue in the field of human rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- Citizens of Montenegro affected by judicial proceedings, who will be able to fully enjoy their rights and legal certainty;
- Constitutional Court, Supreme Court / courts, Prosecution Offices, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Minister for Human and Minority Rights, Judicial Training Centre, State Agent before the European Court of Human Rights, Police Directorate, Law Faculties, Bar Association, Free Legal Aid Offices and Human Rights specialised NGOs.
How will the Action work?
- Through development of recommendations for legislative and policy changes and support in their implementation;
- Through development of recommendations for enhancement of the access to justice, particularly for marginalised and vulnerable groups;
- Through establishment of pilot legal clinics at the Montenegrin Law Faculties;
- Through regular inter-judicial meetings and exchanges of experiences and practices between legal practitioners.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Procedural rights of victims, accused and suspected persons are harmonised with the European Union legal framework and the case law of the European Court of Human Rights
- Improved access to free legal services for vulnerable and marginalised groups
- Enhanced human rights dimension in the educational cycle under the auspice of Law Faculties
- Improved legal certainty for citizens through consistent application of legislation and reinforced inter-judicial dialogue in the field of human rights
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 900 000 EUR;
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Human Rights National Implementation Division: https://www.coe.int/en/web/national-implementation/montenegro-improved-procedural-safeguards-in-criminal-proceedings
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +355 69 217 8430