Improved procedural safeguards in judicial proceedings in Montenegro
14 сеп 2021 17:00:00Strazbur, Francuska 14. septembar 2021. godine
Protokol br. 15, kojim se uvode izmjene i dopune Evropske konvencije o ljudskim pravima, stupio...
28 јул 2021 15:44:00
Protokol za službe za podršku svjedocima, oštećenima i žrtvama trgovine ljudima i nasilja u porodiciPodgorica, Crna Gora 28. jul 2021. godine
Zajednički projekat Evropske unije i Savjeta Evrope „Unapređenje procesnih prava u pravosudnom...
20 јул 2021 11:53:00
Objavljena Analiza o zaštiti prava na imovinu u kontekstu člana 1 Protokola Evropske konvencije o ljudskim pravimaPodgorica, Crna Gora 20. jul 2021. godine
Analiza o zaštiti prava na imovinu u kontekstu člana 1 Protokola Evropske konvencije o ljudskim...
09 јул 2021 14:06:00Trebinje, Bosna i Hercegovina 5-9. jul 2021. godine
Regionalna škola na temu životne sredine i ljudskih prava održana je od 5. do 9. jula u Trebinju,...
What is the goal?
- To support Montenegrin authorities to further align procedural rights of victims, accused and suspected persons with the EU acquis and the European Court of Human Rights’ standards;
- To facilitate access to free legal aid system;
- To enhance human rights education through establishment of legal clinics at the faculties of law;
- To strengthen legal certainty for citizens through consistent application of EU acquis, the European Court of Human Rights’ case law and reinforced judicial dialogue in the field of human rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- Citizens of Montenegro affected by judicial proceedings, who will be able to fully enjoy their rights and legal certainty;
- Constitutional Court, Supreme Court / courts, Prosecution Offices, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Minister for Human and Minority Rights, Judicial Training Centre, State Agent before the European Court of Human Rights, Police Directorate, Law Faculties, Bar Association, Free Legal Aid Offices and Human Rights specialised NGOs.
How will the Action work?
- Through development of recommendations for legislative and policy changes and support in their implementation;
- Through development of recommendations for enhancement of the access to justice, particularly for marginalised and vulnerable groups;
- Through establishment of pilot legal clinics at the Montenegrin Law Faculties;
- Through regular inter-judicial meetings and exchanges of experiences and practices between legal practitioners.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Procedural rights of victims, accused and suspected persons are harmonised with the European Union legal framework and the case law of the European Court of Human Rights
- Improved access to free legal services for vulnerable and marginalised groups
- Enhanced human rights dimension in the educational cycle under the auspice of Law Faculties
- Improved legal certainty for citizens through consistent application of legislation and reinforced inter-judicial dialogue in the field of human rights
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 900 000 EUR;
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Human Rights National Implementation Division: https://www.coe.int/en/web/national-implementation/montenegro-improved-procedural-safeguards-in-criminal-proceedings
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.Baka@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430