Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
21 мар 2022 16:30:00Podgorica, Crna Gora 21.mart 2022.godine
Osiguranje inkluzivnijeg društva i fokusiranje na sektor obrazovanja, bile su ključne teme...
11 феб 2022 13:30:00
Poziv za dostavljanje predloga projekata: Podrška organizacijama civilnog društva u borbi protiv govora mržnje u Crnoj GoriCrna Gora 11.februar 2022
U okviru zajedničkog programa Evropske unije i Savjeta Evrope „Horizontal Facility za Zapadni...
13 дец 2021 11:08:00Podgorica, Crna Gora 13.decembar 2021.
U saradnji sa Ministarstvom unutrašnjih poslova Crne Gore i lokalnim organizacijama civilnog...
09 дец 2021 14:56:00Podgorica, Crna Gora 9.decembar 2021.
Svaki građanin i građanka može imati ulogu u borbi protiv govora mržnje - kroz korišćenje...
What is the goal?
- To strengthen the capacity of national and local stakeholders to better address issues related to anti-discrimination, combating hate-speech and protecting rights of LGBTI persons in line with the standards and recommendations set by the Council of Europe – especially those of the European Commission on Racism and Intolerance (ECRI);
- The action also aims at supporting Montenegro’s accession negotiations with the European Union in the field of fundamental rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- The citizens of Montenegro;
- National and local authorities;
- Education professionals;
- Sport workers;
- Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
How will the Action work?
- Through a combination of legal and strategic support to institutions; capacity building activities; peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners; raise-awareness campaigns on selected anti-discrimination topics; support to CSOs and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the citizens.
- It builds on the results of earlier co-operation programs in the field of anti-discrimination in the country, also co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union.
What do we expect to achieve?
- To improve the record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime);
- Achieve better protection of the rights of citizens of Montenegro and build more tolerant society open to differences of its members, or similar.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 250.000 EUR
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Council of Europe, website of the Anti-discrimination Department: https://www.coe.int/en/web/inclusion-and-antidiscrimination
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +355 69 217 8430