Cybercrime Programme Office (C-PROC)
The Cybercrime Programme Office of the Council of Europe (C-PROC) in Bucharest, Romania is responsible for assisting countries worldwide in strengthening their legal systems capacity to respond to the challenges posed by cybercrime and electronic evidence on the basis of the standards of the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime. This includes support for:
- Strengthening legislation on cybercrime and electronic evidence in line with rule of law and human rights (including data protection) standards
- Training judges, prosecutors and law enforcement officers
- Establishing specialized cybercrime and forensic units and improving interagency cooperation
- Promoting public/private cooperation
- Protecting children against sexual violence online
- Enhancing the effectiveness of international cooperation
C-PROC, with its capacity building function, complements the work of the Cybercrime Convention Committee (T-CY) through which State Parties follow the implementation of the Budapest Convention.
Location and contact
C-PROC is located at the UN House in Bucharest.
Cybercrime Programme Office of the Council of Europe
United Nations House
48A Primaverii Blvd
011975 Bucharest, Romania
Telephone: +40 21 201 78 87