The Steering Committee on Media and Information Society (CDMSI) held its 13th and last meeting under the current mandate from 5 to 8 December 2017 in Strasbourg.
It ends its 2016-2017 mandate with two draft recommendations and three studies on topical and important issues:
- a draft recommendation on the roles and responsibilities of internet intermediaries
- a draft recommendation on media pluralism and transparency of media ownership
- a Study on the use of Internet in electoral campaigns
- a study on media coverage of elections with a specific focus on gender equality
- and a Study on the human rights dimensions of automated data processing techniques (in particular algorithms) and possible regulatory implications
The draft recommendations are submitted to the Committee of Ministers for possible adoption.