Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Insular Coastal Dynamics - ICoD
Address: Foundationfor International Studies, St. Paul Street Valletta VLT 07, Malta
Tel.: + 356 21 240746
Fax: + 356 21 245764
E-mail: [email protected]
President: Prof. Lino Brigulio
President of the Scientific Committee: Prof. Lino Brigulio
Director: Dr. Anton Micallef
Permanent staff of the Center:
Dr. Anton Micallef, Ms. Antonella Vassallo, Ms. Michelle Cassar
The objectives of the Centre, which is a non-profit organization created within the framework of the above-mentioned agreement, shall include education, training and research on coastal issues and related hazards in the Mediterranean
- 2nd Commonwealth Training Course on the Management of Coastal Recreational Tourism
14th – 24th March 2005
- Application of the Bathing Area Registration & Evaluation (BARE) System in Mediterranean Coastal States - Evaluation of Regional Beach Survey Questionnaires; post-workshop.
Participation in EU- Funded Projects
- RIMAWA Project (Coordinator: Prof A. Pavia)
- HIPOCAS – Hindcast of Dynamic Processes of Ocean and Coastal Areas.
- MFSTEP-NAS - Mediterranean Ocean Forecasting System Project.
- CLEOPATRA - Chemical Effluent & Oil Pollution Alert & Tracking.
- ADIOS-NAS - Atmospheric Deposition and Impact of Pollutants in the Open Mediterranean Sea.
- Preparation for the Third Commonwealth Training Course on the Management of Coastal Recreational Tourism; March 2006; Valletta, Malta
Production of educational media to raise awareness of 6-11 year old children to the Euro-Mediterranean coastal environment and related hazards.
- Workshop on The State of Beach Management in the Mediterranean, 10 - 11th June 2005
- Preparation for the Second International Conference on the Management of Coastal Recreational Resources 2006; Malta