S9 - Support intergenerational and intercultural projects to promote heritage
Support heritage promotion through intergenerational and intercultural projects based on dialogue and respect for the diversity to enhance social cohesion.
- Living in peace
- Improve quality of life
- Contribute to people’s well-being and good health
- Preserve the collective memory
- Establish good governance
- Promote participatory management
- Optimise implementation of the conventions
- Promote an inclusive approach to heritage
- Building a more inclusive and cohesive society
- Ensuring that Europeans enjoy a high quality of life, in harmony with their cultural and natural environment
- Identifying, preserving, transmitting and sharing heritage knowledge and skills
- Ensuring heritage stakeholders have access to lifelong training
S9 Target audience
Recommended courses of action for S9
- Expand learning experiences where children and young people can learn from their elders and vice versa: site surveys, stone cutting, dry stone building and roofing, stained glass, photography, history workshops, digital reuse of heritage resources, etc.
- Form clubs where people can exchange knowledge and know-how
- Enable people who do not use new technologies to become familiar with their use
- Support diversity in site restoration work, in terms of age, social background, country of origin, disability, etc.
- Encourage exchanges of views on heritage sites or neighborhoods with mixed populations: different age groups, occupations, places of origin, etc.
Good practices for S9
- Strategy 21 - Social component (S)
- S1 - Encourage the involvement of citizens and local authorities in capitalising on their everyday heritage
- S2 - Make heritage more accessible
- S3 - Use heritage to assert and transmit the fundamental values of Europe and European society
- S4 - Promote heritage as a meeting place and vehicle for intercultural dialogue, peace and tolerance
- S5 - Encourage and assess citizen participation practices and procedures
- S6 - Create a suitable framework to enable local authorities and communities to take action for the benefit of their heritage and its management
- S7 - Develop and promote participatory heritage identification programmes
- S8 - Encourage heritage rehabilitation initiatives by local communities and authorities
- S9 - Support intergenerational and intercultural projects to promote heritage
- S10 - Facilitate and encourage (public and private) partnerships in cultural heritage promotion and conservation projects