We have come a long way in Europe with how we ensure equality between women and men. Nevertheless many gains are being put to the test and inequalities still exist.
The Venice Office raises awareness on the Council of Europe’s pioneering work in the field of human rights and gender equality and in particular on the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings and the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (Istanbul Convention).
There is much interest in Italy on the latter amongst public authorities, civil society and academia. The office has initiated events and participated to conferences and workshops addressed to the general public or specialized audiences.
These events are:
- Europe Days, May 2013
- Ca’ Foscari’s conference, November 2015
- PATHS first seminar, San Servolo, December 2015
- “Caffè dell’Europa” debate, May 2016
- Inner Wheel Club, Trieste, October 2016
- International Women’s Day, Giudecca, March 2017
- Fondaco Europa, Venice, April 2017
- Europe Days, May 2017
- Venice City of Women Award, Burano, June 2017
- Eurimages, workshop on women in Europe, December 2017
- Inner Wheel Club, Venice, January 2018