Projects are being implemented in Sherbrooke schools to enhance ethnolinguistic diversity and bring all pupils and staff in individual schools together, and they sometimes extend beyond schools. Here are a few examples:
- Intercultural committee or representation of immigrant pupils on the pupils’ council.
- Intercultural week (presentation of different countries, interaction, world music, etc.).
- Flavours of the World festival (presentation of different countries and tasting).
- Awareness-raising campaigns.
- Multilingual student radio.
- Short film describing the acculturation process for newly-arrived pupils and the challenges encountered.
- Creation of a youth album focusing on living together in a pluri-ethnic context.
- Creation of intercultural libraries.