Newcomers relocating to Norway often leave behind a familiar and trusted network. The project’s aim is to help them recreate a new network in Norway. A good job is often not enough. To help the assignees build this network, INN (International Network of Norway) in association with the Bergen Chamber of Commerce, organizes a variety of social and professional events.
The goal is to ease local employers' efforts at recruiting foreign employees, and getting foreign residents to feel at home in Bergen. There is a great need to recruit qualified employees to the region, according to a survey done by Bergen Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Some of what INN Club membership offers:
- A meeting place for socialization and networking
- Consultation for individual concerns and on-going support for the duration of the assignment
- Information sessions and excursions
- Career Support for the accompanying spousepartner
- Spouse Club – a social network for accompanying spousepartner
- Courses in Norwegian culture and customs and the Bergen region
- Activities - leisure and adventure
- Monthly newsletter for all members
Additionally, regarding international students, the University of Bergen, the Bergen University College and other higher education institutions in the city have their own programs welcoming foreign students, and the city cooperates with these institutions.
Bergen has published a comprehensive package of information to aid newly arrived foreign residents. The city’s services and agencies provide support tailored specifically for students, family members, refugees and migrant workers.