Project on Enhancing anti-trafficking actions in Kosovo*
What is the goal?
- Support institutions in strengthening anti-trafficking actions and follow up on findings and recommendations of the second report of the Council of Europe Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA) on the compliance of Kosovo* with standards of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings.
Who are the partners and beneficiaries of the project?
- Ministry of Internal Affairs - National Anti-Trafficking Co-ordinator
- Kosovo Police: Directorate against Trafficking in Human Beings
- Office of the Chief State Prosecutor: Victim Assistance and Advocacy Office
- Ministry of Justice
- National Authority Against Trafficking in Human Beings
- Civil society organisations
- Victims of trafficking and persons in vulnerable situations, in particular, women and children
- Kosovo Bar Association
What does the project involve?
- Implementation of 2nd GRETA report recommendations
- Strengthening capacities of criminal justice sector to identify, investigate and prosecute trafficking in human beings and protect the rights of victims of trafficking
- Strengthen cross-institutional capacities on prevention and early identification of victims of trafficking
- Support the development of a cross-institutional database for victims of trafficking
What do we expect to achieve?
- Strengthened institutional and legal measures to prevent and combat trafficking in human beings, with specific focus on on child trafficking
- Strengthened rights-based approach, focusing on improved victim identification and referral procedures, in particular for child victims, as well as improved access to justice and effective remedies
- Strengthened criminal justice response to human trafficking, focusing on more effective investigation and prosecution of human trafficking offences as well as on improving the protection of victims
What are the budget and duration of the project?
- The project is funded by a voluntary contribution of 600,000 euros
- The project is implemented until December 2023
How to get more information?
- Monica PETROVICI, Project Manager, [email protected], Anti-trafficking Division - Co-operation Unit, Council of Europe, Strasbourg
- Anila KADIU ALAJ, Local Project Manager, [email protected], + 383 38 40 77 50, ext. 112, CoE Office in Pristina
- Fitore SADIKU , Project Assistant, [email protected], + 383 38 40 77 50, ext.106, CoE Office in Pristina
* "All reference to Kosovo, whether the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nation’s Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo."
11 Oct 2021 10:09:00Strasbourg 11 October 2021
In the second evaluation report on Kosovo* published today, the Council of Europe’s...
03 May 2021 15:34:00Pristina 28/04/2021
On April 28, 2021, the project “Prevention of and fight against trafficking in human beings”...
19 Feb 2021 15:17:00Pristina 11/02/2021
An online exchange of good practices for the creation of a database on human trafficking took...
08 Feb 2021 14:35:00Pristina 01/03/2021
The Council of Europe is looking for consultants to carry out project related activities. A call...
17 Dec 2020 11:06:00Strasbourg 17/12/2020
From 9 to 11 December 2020, the Council of Europe's Group of Experts on Action against...