Project on Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in Kosovo*
What is the goal?
- Support Kosovo* in strengthening its institutional capacities to prevent and combat trafficking in human beings.
Who are the partners and beneficiaries of the project?
- Ministry of Internal Affairs - National Anti-Trafficking Co-ordinator;
- Kosovo Police: Directorate against Trafficking in Human Beings;
- Kosovo Academy for Public Safety;
- Office of the Chief State Prosecutor: Office for Protection and Assistance to Victims;
- Kosovo Bar Association;
- Civil society organisations;
- Victims of trafficking and persons in vulnerable situations, in particular, women and children.
What does the project involve?
- An assessment by the Council of Europe Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA) of the compliance of Kosovo* with the standards of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings;
- Capacity building of legal professionals to strengthen the investigation and prosecution of trafficking in human beings cases and the protection of the rights of victims;
- Support to the development of a database of human trafficking case-law to assist legal professionals in their work.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Strengthening the prevention of trafficking through measures addressing the vulnerability of children, women and persons from ethnic minorities;
- Improving the proactive identification of victims of trafficking;
- Strengthening the criminal justice response to human trafficking;
- Improved access to justice.
What are the budget and duration of the project?
- The project is funded by a voluntary contribution of 450,000 euros.
- The project is implemented until December 2021.
How to get more information?
- Monica PETROVICI, Senior Project Officer, Monica.PETROVICI@coe.int, GRETA - Anti-trafficking Division, Council of Europe, Strasbourg;
- Anila KADIU, Project Officer, Anila.KADIU@coe.int, + 383 38 40 77 50, ext. 112, CoE Office in Pristina;
- Flutura KERNJA-VIDISHIQI, Project Assistant, Flutura.KERNJA-VIDISHIQI@coe.int, + 383 38 40 77 50, ext.106, CoE Office in Pristina.
* "All reference to Kosovo, whether the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nation’s Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo."
11 Oct 2021 10:09:00Strasbourg 11 October 2021
In the second evaluation report on Kosovo* published today, the Council of Europe’s...
03 May 2021 15:34:00Pristina 28/04/2021
On April 28, 2021, the project “Prevention of and fight against trafficking in human beings”...
19 Feb 2021 15:17:00Pristina 11/02/2021
An online exchange of good practices for the creation of a database on human trafficking took...
08 Feb 2021 14:35:00Pristina 01/03/2021
The Council of Europe is looking for consultants to carry out project related activities. A call...
17 Dec 2020 11:06:00Strasbourg 17/12/2020
From 9 to 11 December 2020, the Council of Europe's Group of Experts on Action against...